I should have done a big state of the D101 at the beginning of the year, but I was up to my neck with Real Life™ stuff. If I had have done it would have had the cheesy title of “2013: The year of Mega Gaming Fun!” and I would have outlined all the fun stuff that I have planned to come out with this year.
2012 personally felt as if there was a bit of a spanner in the works due family issues. But despite this I learnt that D101 is a Juggernaut of a Beast that trundles on even when I’ve got less of an iron grip on the wheel. Look at what got released last year!!!
- Crypts and Things in Feb
- The Company in April
- Empires Rising in May (pdf) /July (print)
- Blood of the Dragon for Crypts and Things in August
- Hearts in Glorantha #5 in September
- Worlds of Wordplay in pdf in Nov
2013 has been quiet so far, with only the print release of Worlds of Wordplay (which has done quite nicely) with LOTS of stuff lined up for release later in the year. I’m going to keep quiet about specifics until I’ve got first drafts in, but so far lined up are:
- OpenQuest 2
- Savage North (The Directors Cut)
- Life and Death (expanded edition)
- Here Be Dragons (a new OQ adventure setting, Think Jason and the Argonauts meet Clark Ashton Smith directed by Ray Harryhausen)
- The River of Heaven (D100 Scifi by John Ossoway).
- Tomb of the Necromancer ( by Paul Mitchener for Crypts and Things )
- Dark Corners of the Empire a fantasy setting for Worlds of Wordplay/Wordplay
- Hearts in Glorantha 6 + 7 (content is already written, realised I had enough material for two issues!)
- Gloranthan Adventures issue 2 (Long overdue Lunar adventures book, art being produced and scenarios being revised)
- Project Darklight ( A stand alone Wordplay Cyberpunk game )
- The Ministry of Thunder ( an adventure/setting supplement for Monkey, a compilation of all the scenarios I’ve run at cons over the years).
Plus a ton of stuff bubbling under the surface for C&T, The Company, a big setting book for Glorantha ( on the size of the Book of Glorious Joy ), Wordplay and possibly FATE (if I can grok the system).
But hey more on that once I’ve got the behemoth that is OpenQuest 2 out the door 😉